Walk - Zennor
3D Fly Through
View a 3D fly through of the route using the Google Earth plugin
Hide the 3D fly through
- Walk past the Tinners Arms and Zennor Church with its famous mermaid wooden bench end and follow the inland footpath between the church and the village hall out through the prehistoric field systems that characterise the coastal landscape along this part of the Cornish coast.
Look out for the magnificent buzzards soaring overhead.
- Walk through the four farmsteads Tremmedda, Tregerthen, Wicca and Boscubben and then walk down the iron age lane to Treveal Farm.
- Follow the track past Treveal farmhouse and down to a cattle grid above Treveal Mill. Here turn left and take the footpath to River Cove.
Although a mining area the valley has returned to nature and is rich in ferns and lichens and is a good spot to watch birds.
- Once out on to the maritime grassland and heathland cliffs when you reach the South West Coast Path turn left and head west back towards Zennor passing The Carracks a rocky island outcrop and also a known home of grey seals.
The coast path takes you through a great variety of maritime grassland and heathland with a spectacular view of the rugged granite cliffs of the Zennor coastline from Mussel Point.
Look out for stonechats, shags and diving gannets along this section of the walk.
- Keep walking west past Wicca Pool and Tregerthen Cliff, past the amazing geology running in to the sea and on towards Zennor Head.
- Here take the left fork and head inland across Zennor Cliff with great views of Zennor Hill to the south.
- Turn left again and walk over a granite stile and walk along the track past Carn Cobba, the old Coastguards Cottage, towards Zennor Village past the farm and back to the church.
Pub and cafe at Zennor.
There are regular buses to Zennor from St Ives, St Just, Lands End and Penzance. For timetable information, zoom in on the interactive map and click on the bus stops, visit Traveline or phone 0871 200 22 33.
Zennor (Postcode for Sat Navs: TR26 3BZ).
Local maps and publications
Wind 13 mph NNW
10° - 12°
Wind 21 mph N
9° - 13°
Wind 19 mph NNW